Benfleet Dental Practice is large private practice based in Essex. They regularly deal with a large volume of physical patient records spread across several sites in the area.
Benfleet Dental Practice approached Docusave for help in managing their physical document storage and retrieval needs. We were able to implement a streamlined solution to enhance efficiency and accessibility. By adopting modern, specialised document management practices, the practice optimised document retrieval, reduced costs, and improved overall productivity.
As with all of our clients running medical practices, space is at a premium and as with most surgeries, their archiving system relies heavily on traditional filing cabinets and onsite storage rooms. To compound the issue, the practice patient records were stored across several sites, all of which were undergoing refurbishment.
This lead to numerous challenges:
- Limited Accessibility: Locating and retrieving specific documents was time-consuming, requiring manual search and potential misplacement.
- Space Constraints: The growing document volume strained the already limited available storage space.
- Security Risks: Physical documents were susceptible to damage from environmental factors, theft, or unauthorised access.
- Inefficient Collaboration: Sharing and collaborating on physical documents across multiple locations posed logistical difficulties.
Docusave had the following objectives to achieve:
- Time Constraints: With both sites undergoing refurbishment, Docusave needed to act swiftly and efficiently.
- Optimal Space Utilisation: Maximise the utilisation of available space by eliminating unnecessary inhouse document storage.
- Enhanced Document Retrieval: Implement a system that enables quick and efficient retrieval of physical documents to multiple locations.
- Improved Security: Establish a secure and controlled environment to mitigate risks of loss, theft, or damage.
- Streamlined Collaboration: Enable access to physical documents to several sites across London.
With over 25 years experience specialising in physical document and retrieval solutions, we were able to implement the following steps:
- Open Account and Organise Collections: Our proven processes allowed for a new account to be set up and vehicles in place for file extraction within 48 hours.
- Categorisation and indexing: Docusave’s tried and tested storage system was implemented, alongside a centralised client portal to ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of documents accessible through authorised user accounts.
- Regular scheduled collections: Docusave scheduled regular and ad hoc collections to take away, store and manage archiving.
- Storage and Management: The documents were securely stored in Docusave’s modern, secure, purpose built storage facility.
The implementation of Docusave’s streamlined physical document storage solution yielded significant benefits for Benfleet Dental Practice including:
- Improved Document Retrieval: with access to their records in as little as 2 hours from request, the practice can now locate and retrieve documents faster than if they were still stored in their own offices, saving valuable time and reducing errors.
- Space Optimisation: By eliminating the need for physical storage rooms and virtually eliminating the reliance of onsite archiving, Benfleet maximised office space utilisation, reducing associated costs.
- Docusave’s purpose built facility offers robust security measures, safeguarding sensitive client information against unauthorised access, physical damage, or loss.